Author Topic: more Ps3 news good !  (Read 4423 times)

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
more Ps3 news good !
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:18:20 am »
Sony has confirmed that they will be NO copy protection on the Ps3 to prevent
game disks being used on more than one console. Pawh

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
Re: more Ps3 news good !
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 05:13:30 pm »
good, i didn't think they were going to do that anyway

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 04:18:53 pm »
I can't wait for the next gen GTA.... drool
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 06:51:41 pm »
I can't wait for the next gen GTA.... drool

Can you imagine how huge those cities will be?

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 02:22:30 pm »
I really don't care how big it is, since most GTA games are big. I really care that the graphics are gonna be really detailed, that I can actually zoom in and see stuff like signs and clothing.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 04:12:08 pm »
Im starting to wonder if the next GTA will be released on the 360, like how it was done this gen.

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 05:15:49 pm »
Could be... but if it's gonna be written on a Blue-Ray, then it can go WAAAAAYYYY bigger than Xbox 360 verison. or at least more detailed

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 07:27:34 pm »
Sony has confirmed that they will be NO copy protection on the Ps3 to prevent
game disks being used on more than one console. Pawh

Im so glad they didnt do this, I believe it would have been the downfall of the PS3 otherwise.

Offline ECUnlimited

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Entropic Decay
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 05:48:23 am »
Finnaly some GOOD news on the PS3.

all this crap about no dedicated online and stuff have just made me think of if the PS3 will actually be good.

sony really needs to fix up the console.  THere are a lot of things wrong with it now that they need to fix.  Instead of just doing their own thing they should listen to what the people want and learn what made their competitors successful.
Currently playing: Perfect Dark Zero, Golden Sun, Half Life 2

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 07:44:03 am »
Exactly. There going for this whole "supercomputer of entertainment" image. I mean, photo editing and video confrencing, c'mon, nobody is going to use that.

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 10:56:44 am »
what i think is everyone was talking about xbox 360 and not caring for the ps3 any more then sony release this info about the copy protection to get a little talk about then.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 11:31:27 am »
Im still kinda hesitant the the PS3 will even be a decent machine.
Let us pray that they dont go ahead with that boomerang controller. And Ive heard that there are problems with the development kits, apparently they are very difficult to program. Then there is the whole HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray thing, plus the weak online services.

Is it just me or does this remind you of the Sega Saturn?

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 12:28:42 pm »
Honestly, it is too soon to form any sort of opinion on the ps3.  We haven't seen any gameplay footage, and the details seem to change every week. 

But I'm going to throw out my editorial anyway. :)

In my opinion, sony is dying a slow death.  The PSP is a failure as a gaming platform, and they are constantly killing themselves lately with propriatary formats and crippling DRM technologies.  The PS2 was/is a fantastic gaming console.  It does it's job as a gaming platform and does it well!  This whole trend of creating the ultimate set-top computer system packed full of non-game related functionality is ridiculous.  It drives up prices, and creates hassles for the game developers.  And in the case of the 360, it looks like it is starting to introduce similar problems that PC owners have. (crahses, freeze ups, overheating).  I buy a console because i want it to play a game, and i want it to "just work".  Sony is trying to make their gaming systems too complex and it's going to kill them if they don't re-focus.  I fear Xbox may suffer the same fate, but they seem to do a better job at the whole "everything under the hood and a bag of chips" than sony does. 

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »
When I was at a lecture from an EA Director, he said that he kept his PS3 off because it sounded like an aircraft engine.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 09:34:55 pm »
With all the legal troubles they are having they may not make another GTA as I hear Rock Star is having a lot of financial difficulties now with all the many lawsuits filed!!

I guess we'll have to see and when a new one does come out they will be sure and find any "HOT COFFEE's" in the game before it is relased!!

We are we Amercians so upity about sex.  I'm way more offended by all the religous crap around.  Just the other day I was at Chick-Fil-A and they were playing contemporary christian rock and it was just appling!!  (see I'm Jewish) and where I work on Monday's they have bible thumping study oops did I say thumping (I live in the bible belt)  We are so religous and sex is dirty and bad and we are not teaching our children the right values!!

No wonder every hates us!!  We have a President who can't answer a simple question about if he has seen Brokeback Mountain (his bible thumping won't allow him to) and then he taps our phones and is just a DUMB ASS!! (Geez the last time the Jews listened to a bush we wandered the dessert for 40 years!!)

We need to WAKE up and realize that video games are free speech if you are going to sue for sexuality then go sue Maplethrope or Playboy or Penthouse!!  LEAVE MY DAMN VIDEO GAMES alone!!  If I want to bang some ho in a video game then by gawd let me!! 

If you want to pray and save me soul you can do that but please do it away from me :) My horns and tail my stick you ;-)

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered